September is Life Insurance Awareness Month!
Recent dated collected by LIMRA, shows the majority of Americans know that life insurance is an important coverage to have, however, according to the data collected, 46% of American adults don't own any type of life insurance and of those adults, 16% say they need life insurance but don't have it.
Life Insurance is meant to protect your family in the event that unexpected happens. Here are the top five reasons life insurance is important:
- It can financially protect your family
- It can replace lost income
- It can help pay off debt
- It can cover funeral expenses
- It can help pay for future education expenses
When a loved one passes away it is an incredibly stressful and difficult time. Without life insurance the already difficult time can become more challenging when a family can't pay their bills or has lost an entire income.
So the question is: why don't people purchase the life insurance they know they need? Below are the five most common reasons American adults don't purchase life insurance:
- It is too expensive
- They don't feel they actually need it
- They have other financial priorities
- They don't know how to get life insurance
- They have life insurance through their employer
While all of these reasons are understandable, the reasons to purchase life insurance far outweigh the reasons not to. An independent agent can help make the process to purchase life insurance easier. An independent agent:
- Has access to multiple life insurance companies, which will help you find the best life insurance product for you and your family
- Has the ability to find life insurance policies that fit your budget
- Has the expertise to help you determine how much life insurance you need
- Has the experience to assist in making the purchasing process straightforward and uncomplicated
Life insurance is a simple and affordable way to protect your family's future. Whether you have questions about how life insurance could benefit your family or need help finding the right policy to meet your needs, your Secure American agent is here to help. Contact your agent today!